We’re traveling again—thoughtfully and confidently—
From our groups who are currently out on the road to those who are just beginning to plan their tour, we’re committed to making sure all our travelers feel safe, supported, and confident every step of the way. That’s why we travel thoughtfully, with a customized approach to every country, itinerary, and group. Prior to tour, we ensure our health and safety standards can be met in the places we travel to. And once on tour, our teams on the ground work diligently to deliver the transformative experiences you expect from EF.
Together, our teams handle all details and logistics so you can travel with confidence. However, we recognize and respect the fact that the decision to travel is a personal one, and want to make sure you experience the world when you feel the time is right.
Whether your travel plans have already been impacted or might be in the future, we’ve gathered our policies and resources here so you can quickly understand all the options available to you. Please read through and contact us with any questions. We’re always here to talk through your options in more detail or work through specific situations.
Flexibility is one of our top priorities because we want to make sure that your students get to experience the awe-inspiring power of travel—whenever you’re ready.
We remain committed to providing flexible options for groups that are unable to travel on their originally scheduled departure date. In the case that a group wishes to reschedule a postponed tour, we have made that as easy and simple as possible. And to protect the full investment our travelers made in their tour, we’ve taken the following actions:
- Groups that wish to reschedule their tour to embark on the same itinerary at a later date may be able to do so through our Peace of Mind program.
- As soon as your Group Leader selects a new date for your tour, we’ll move all travelers to the new date—there is nothing you need to do.
- All details from the original tour—optional extensions, Global Travel Protection plan, rooming, upgrades, etc.—and money paid will be transferred into the new account.
- If an individual cannot join their Group Leader’s rescheduled tour, they can choose from several options. You can find all the details below, under “Options for individual travelers.”
We recognize that it might be difficult for some travelers to reschedule their tour right now.
Any individual traveler who is unable to travel with their group’s rescheduled tour can receive a COVID-19 Future Travel Voucher. Our vouchers provide a ton of flexibility:
- They’re in the amount of all the money you paid toward your tour—including non-refundable fees.
- You can redeem your Future Travel Voucher for all sorts of programs offered through EF’s wide variety of products. These range from educational adventures for people of all ages to special options specifically meant for high school seniors who are graduating in the spring.
- You’ll have plenty of time to choose if (and how) you use your voucher, at least through September 30, 2023.
Visit our dedicated Future Travel Voucher page to understand all the options and programs available with a voucher, including the ability to exchange them for a partial cash refund.
We’ve expanded the reach of our Peace of Mind Program, which provides groups flexibility to change the dates and destination of their tours in uncertain times. And we’re offering more options for individual travelers who want to purchase coverage that further protects their investment.